Er dr suggested a psychiatrist, 2in cyst on thyroid

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello all!

I'm just wondering if any one has cyst on their thyroid.

In an ultrasound they found a 2in cyst on my thyroid. My gp said it shouldn't be the culprit of my hyper symptoms.

Palpitations, chest pain, feeling like I can't breath, or swallow right. sweatiness, tightness of limbs, near syncope. Flushing of body, constant shakes, tremors, Hoarseness of voice & weightloss.

She did 1 thyroid test but preformed a more thorough lab yesterday.

I went to the er this morning and was told I should see a psychiatrist.

Keep in mind I've never had anxiety or mental health issues. I'm typically as cool as a cucumber. I have no problems financially or any stress, I'm in good shape & extremely happy.

I've had my first episode in June where I almost passed out while driving with 2 more episodes that week. Urgent care checked my pulse and gave me xanax. So I have been using that to help mask the symptoms. 

It has been super debilitating to my life.

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. And should I advocate that they take out this cyst?

Anyone else had this problem, how did it end up for you?

I'm starting to feel hopeless.

Amanda

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Amanda, the cyst is rather large. It is considered small if it has a diameter of less than 10 mm. If the cyst is fluid filled it can be drained. Even if it is not purely fluid them a fine needle aspiration biopsy should be performed. It sound to me like you need an appointment with an endocrinologist.

Ask your GP for a printout of your lab results and if needed you can post further info. Good luck.

• Posted

Amanda .. I'm no doctor but I'd say your Cyst is responsible for your  hyper symptoms .. could be your having a thyroiditis attack  or thyroidtoxicosis   ... Google those to understand what they actually mean ..

If you have antibodies present in your blood then it could be Graves' disease ... google that one too ....

Your symptoms seem to be ALL  related to the Thyroid  being compromised ...    

I can hardly believe she's not able to see that ...

but Hey !   Mine was exactly the same !!

Your doctor is pretty ignorant about the effects that a thyroid

cyst could have on you ... !!!!

What you need is the results  of those tests .. you are entitled to a printed copy of them  .. so please DO ask for them and print them on here including the figures in brackets .

Those are your lab ranges that show where you are on the scale !

People on here will be able to then tell you what you could do to go forward ..  and get well .

Please don't worry too much .. many of us here have been there and know how you feel  ...  but have also come through it and are now in remission !

And you will be too Luvvie .. with the right diagnosis .. and the right meds .. 

after you get the right medication

And get your values  balanced  

.. it's important that you then take care to look after your Thyroid  and  your immune system 

But that can be taken care of once youre  properly diagnosed 

Hurry up and get your blood results  ..... and come back  

Mx🌹

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.