Er laughing stock

Posted , 8 users are following.

so today my mom and i went shopping. we were in the store and i got hit with one of my panic attacks. it was so intense that i thought i may have to call 911. i started getting diareaha and felt very unsteady. my heart was beating weird. i left my mom to shop and headed to er. the doc that saw me said everything looked normal and was like "what do u want me to do"? he wasnt mean but i feel like im the joke of the er. im there at least 3 times a week. he said dont come in unless you arent able to walk. yeah. i feel foolish. i know the things i feel are real and i just cant cope with it. are these symptoms normal for panic?

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi ash ,unfortunately yes they are normal . In most cases of anxiety and panic attacks you could be deficiency in one or more of you vitamins or electrolytes , this is common especially in vitamin D . So he could have checked your levels . Next appointment request your D levels be checked , most doctors dont check vitamin D as its not included in the blood lab protocols . Vitamin D isnt just another vitamin it us a pro hormone that is vital to our bodies functions . If you feel off , unbalanced chances are , you are ! Like i stated , anxiety and panic is on the top ten list of symptoms , yet low levels can cause much more . Please have yours checked

• Posted

they are very real!! i for sure feel your pain. i too.... visited the er 3 times a week... literally and maybe a couple urgent cares in between. i was so bad i developed scar tissue from being poked so many times. i literally had 50 er visits in a year and 25,000 in debt. the pain is soooo real and is not in your head. i have done so much better this year. i believe only 6 visits. i still struggle everyday but just knowing the sign and symptoms and realizing its just a panic attack and you literally have to talk to yourself as your going through it and learn how to calm yourself down. also what helps me is just knowing... everyone has in common is death. yes its scary, yes we don't want to die but it can't be avoided. i think we need to embrace this fear and accept it.... but then again easier said than done.

• Posted

I've been in ur shoes...and some weeks and months im still there. the trick is to recognize the symptoms that starts ur panic attack and remember that u have felt that feeling before and it is normal and remember that it is just ur anxiety that creates all the other symptoms and know that a panic CANNOT hurt you...and yes i have those" I've never felt this kinda pain before" feelings. and maybe not but it's just ur body doing what its suppose to do. get on youtube and look up panic away and see if that helps at all, it did for me. hope this helps at all and I hope u get to feeling better

• Posted

yes the symptoms are normal for panic. Symptoms of panic can feel like something is really wrong. You’ve been checked out numerous times , So now it’s time to learn how to manage your anxiety so that you don’t get these panic attacks.

Something in your life is causing major stress and anxiety. Think about what that could be.

I highly suggest speaking with a counselor who can help you sort this all out. They can also give you ideas on how to manage this.

next Time you start feeling panicky, search YouTube for something called stop panic attacks now. Then scroll down to one called don’t panic ( in black letters). She will guide you through it and it really is effective! It’s short but really good.

The key to managing these panic attacks is proper breathing. It will slow down your heart rate and the adrenaline rush that causes many of the symptoms. You need to relax your mind as much as you can because when you are anxious that’s fine you could get panicky and all the symptoms. Listen to some relaxing meditations for anxiety.

The key to managing these panic attacks is proper breathing. It will slow down your heart rate and the adrenaline rush that causes many of the symptoms. You need to relax your mind as much as you can because when you are anxious that’s how you could get panicky and all the symptoms. Listen to some relaxing meditations for anxiety.

you Will be OK! One day at a time. And slow everything down in your life. ❤

• Posted

i know exactly how you feel. i was in the er 12 times after i lost my mom. i was in so much distress i had massive hyperventilating. i could not function for 3 months. did not sleep, barely ate, could not even think for 3 months. was housebound or in the er. finally, my doctor put me on ativan and a beta blocker and overnight i felt normal. now after 2 years on it i need to very slowly wean off the ativan. i wish i could be on it forever but you cant. before i was on the meds the er doctors were definitely at the point where they were treating me extremely rudely. i mean, it was to the point of ridiculous. so i get how you feel. i will caution you and everyone else,in some states if you go to the er continually and they find "nothing" they in some cases can opt to put you into a mental ward against your wishes. the mental wards can then hold you until they deem "necessary" and it can cost a fortune. i dont think ppl are generally aware of this. also, the er is so expensive and if they run multiple tests using radiation,that is also not good for your health. i would suggest a good counselor. all the best!!

• Posted

Hi Ash, I'm sorry you've been feeling that way. Panic attacks are awful. But yes, those feelings are normal when panic attacks happen. One thing that has really helped me manage them is a b ook called Dare. It talks about how instead of fighting those anxious feelings, you learn to be comfortable with them. Next time you have one, tell yourself you're not dying and those feelings can't hurt you. They're just uncomfortable and try and accept them. Fighting those feelings sends the fight or flight response to our body and sends our anxiety into overdrive. The more you accept the feelings, the more it calms your body down from having those responses such as rapid heartbeat etc. I still have bad anxiety but practicing that has helped my anxiety from spiking into a full blown attack. I hope you're feeling better and wish you well!

• Posted

Try see a Dr instead of the ER you know that they cant do anything for you. Have you been prescribed anything for your panic attacks? Some meds or coping strategies would help you stay out of the ER. I know how you feel i was in about 4 times in one month once my panic would come from benign heart condition (inappropriate sinus tachycardia)

its hard to try keep yourself calm. I also get the anxiety poops. Its not fun!

• Posted

i have a benign condition called pvcs. extra heartbeats. sometimes it is not as intense as other times. my panic attacks are horrid. feels like my heart is beating irregular, throat tightens, dizzy, stomach hurts. tingling in face and head. its bad. im on ativan as needed. it brings me out of it but its only a temp fix. its like i know the symptoms are my panic but my brain wont stop freaking me out until i go make sure at er. after i get there its like reality hits and i know im ok. im on a heart med called cardizem. its supresses my pvcs but it doesnt stop panic. my muscles twitch and i feel like im dying. im just in panix mode 24/7 unless im on ativan which i cant stay on all the time bc it makes me tired. the er hates my face. im there alot. i see a therapist and have a pych eval coming up. the last visit was emberrasing because the doctor basically told me there was nothing wrong with my heart and i needed to stop. im just a mess

• Posted

unless someone goes through it themselves they just cant relate to how real the terror and belief is that you are dying. They just cant understand and therefore cant sympathize.

I hope this panic ends for you soon. You need to go on a more permanent anxiety med to help the chemicals in your brain. I get pvcs too and they scare me more then the tachycardia but thankfully only get 2-3 a day and can go a week or two without any.

• Posted

its very scary. i have them more frequent than that but the meds are helping. the side effects of the heart meds are annoying but its better than feeling the pvcs. im just in a daze of fear, then calm, then sick from med, then fear again. its taking a toll

• Posted

Hi ash , a question for you about your PVC . are you by chance taking potassium and magnesium for your palpitations ? Do you consume caffeine ?

• Posted

i stopped all caffeine about a year ago. not even chocolate. ive done alot of things to help myself. the meds are helping they juat have side effects. like nausua and lightheadedness and headache. i have to monitor my vitals daily. my mag and pottasium are ok.

• Posted

I hate that you suffer PVC episodes but their not dangerous in heart attacks , strokes ,or failure ... Im glad to hear your meds are working for you ,the side effects should subside with time ..

• Posted

I also have to say , YOU POOR THING !!! Having to give up chocolate is devastating ! 😊 hope i made ya smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.