ER visits 5x's, unable to work, difficult doing anything

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been in shock for awhile now. About 4 months ago, I began feeling dizzy and short of breath. They eventually progressed into severe headaches. These weren't just normal headaches, however. I call them "brain zaps". They are random extreme, painful sensations deep within my head. I've seen a neurologist and he said my MRI looked healthy. I've had blood tests done as well. I still think I'm dying somehow. I'm still feeling overwhelmed by physical symptoms. I do have anxiety but I can't distinguish if I have increased anxiety over the symptoms or the other way around. Has anyone else had extreme head symptoms to the point they can't work/function for weeks?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, sticep smile I have the same... So good to hear you received the all clear smile I have found therapy helps so maybe this is something you might want to consider if you haven't already. Take care

• Posted

Hi I also ave all the same symptoms I got diagnosed with anxiety and depression with the worst symptom being I can't sleep at all I too get these headaches and brain zaps deep in my head or so it feels I'm also very dizzy all the time I just thought it was down to severe sleep deprivation but I'm the same fuzzy headed cannot function properly and my memory is shocking

• Posted

Yeah I get that too and it freaks me out so much thinking the worst! When I have those bad headaches, all I wanna do is lie down! It's all anxiety how hard it may be to believe that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.