Esa advice

Posted , 3 users are following.

Can a person claim esa in support group if her partner goes back to work full time and will it affect pip

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

If it's Income related then yes it will affect it and would depend how much their earnings are. If it's Contribution based then it won't affect it. PIP is non means tested so won't affect it.

• Posted

Its income related but the thing is its as a self employed worker and hours arent guaranteed some weeks he will work some he wont it depends if the works there.

If the hours arent there can income support be applied for.

• Posted

His Income would most probably be too much for her to claim Income related benefits of any kind. If he's working then he could possibly claim tax credits.

• Posted

Income Support can only be claimed if someone is claiming Carers Allowance (CA) if they claim CA then they wouldn't be able to earn more than £110 per week.

• Posted

I'm on contribution based ESA and in support group. My partner works. It doesn't effect your benefit at all. Hope this helped.

• Posted

Thanks bobby its income related benefit so it looks like shes hoing to lose being in the support group
    • Posted

I'm afraid so but like i said they maybe able to claim tax credits but being self employed is complicated. They should give tax credits a ring once they stop claiming ESA.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.