Escitalopram.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was prescribed Escitalopram and I started it with 5mg. I took this the first day and felt like it gave me the "lump in my throat" feeling. I stopped the medication just in case it was a allergic reaction. About a week later gave it another try. This time, I got the feeling on day 3.  Stopped again, started a week or so later. I got the feeling on day 4 of drinking the med. Now about a month later I still have this lump in my throat feeling and since that last time I got it, it never went away. I really need to go back on this med but I'm scared.  Do you guys think the feeling is related to the medicine? Should I keep taking it? 

Also what kind of check ups to do for this feeling in my throat. 

Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

The lump in the throat as an anxiety symptom. Very common. If your get it checked,if you can eat and drink then there's nothing there. They can put a camera up your nose and down your throat if you want to check,but it'll be clear. Its a horrible symptom I know
    • Posted

It feels like any minute I might choke and not be able to breath. It is horrible. I can eat and drink just fine. If I eat it seems to make the feeling go away for a couple of hours actually. My doctor didn't want to perform the camera through nose to look at throat check because he said it will make me panic even further and make me feel short of breath due to the numbing of the process. Shortness of breath is one of my biggest symptoms so he didn't want to make me uncomfortable. Any other test I could ask for? Like MRI XRAY CT etc etc?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.