Escitalopram.. do I increase or change

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, really need some advice, I’ve never suffered from mh before but in April I was hit hard with depression and anxiety, doctors prescribed me with 5mg of escitalopram, only a small dose as I’m very small and very sensitive to meds, first 2 weeks were hell but by week 3 I was definitely improving, hit week 4 and slumped a bit.. slowly started to improve, then hit week 9 and have completely crashed, intrusive thoughts n full anxiety, have taken myself to a safe place and not moved, I tried to go back to work this week and it didn’t go so well , still got a fuzzy head and dnt feel overly myself anymore, I’m usually a happy person n I just feel sad and exhausted, are the meds making me worse or are they just not enough , I’m so confused x

1 like, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mia, I would say 5mg is really really low, even if you do have a small body size. I would talk to your doctor and ask if you can up the dosage. I hope you feel better soon xx  
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

HI I was on them for 5-6 weeks for the same, got rearly bad sweats in the morning, and anxiety as well lost all appertight could not eat till around 5 pm, had cups of tea , half banana and toast, was on 5mg, never intrusive thoughts, had to sleep on the sofa in the mornings till 12, as I could not face the day, came of them my choice, but now on prozac 10mg week 8, not much better rearly, but I don't wake up with sweats, I do have the thoughts with prozac wake up at 5 , with rushing heart beats and take my propranolol, try to go back to sleep, going to keep on them bit longer but starting to feel angry on them also, I was thinking of asking doctors if I updose but what I have read it sounds rotten not sure if I will cope,

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up