ESMYA

Posted , 4 users are following.

Please has anyone taken Esmya and transmexic acid the same time because the esmya is not stopping the bleeds they are still heavy and am considering going to see the doc to ask for another medicine while waiting for the op next month to take it out. God helping me.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

My consultant told me that esmya would stop my heavy bleeding within a few days but after a week of taking it the bleeding got worse. In the end he told me to take norethisterone up until my myomectomy, which stopped the bleeding. 

• Posted

Hi 

I've not taken transemic acid with the esyma, however I have taken noresthisterone with the esmya to stop the bleeding.

• Posted

ok thank you ladies for the info i will sure ask the doc if i can go on that while on the esmya. because the last thing i  want is to get anaemic on top of everything. 
  • Posted

Hi I am 37 and i've been suffering from a 5cm submucosal myoma since october 2016. To stop my bleeding, my ob put me into 6 months shot of lupron, monthly shots of DMPA and althea pills but still experience a little to moderate spotting. After 6 months (April 2017) my fibroid was decreased by 40% so I continued taking my pills and monthly shot of DMPA. But after 3 months,(July 22,2017) i had a profused bleeding w/ cramps and clots, had Trans V and found out that my fibroid increased again into 6cm. My OB suggested to take ESMYA, and for the entire month, my bleeding didnt stop, and in between those month, I was also taking tranexamic acid and had shots again of dmpa and gnrh.. but nothing worked.. I cant do my normal activities anymore and have to skip work due to heavy bleeding that I have to stay mostly in the bathroom. My friend introduced  this herbal juice, Sante Pure Barley grass juice to try as an alternative. So i decided to take the barley juice and stop taking the esmya completely. Just after the day I started drinking this juice (Aug.23, 2017), i had heavier bleeding though I was informed that I have to expect healing process from taking this juice. I had super heavy bleeding for 5 days and after that I noticed that my bleeding became lighter and week after weeks, i was only experiencing spotting and after a month (Sept 18) my spotting finally stopped. Up until now, I am still waiting for my next period on how it will go (if it will still be heavy and prolonged menses) I hope it will be back to normal now. Im just happy that I no longer experience heavy flooding kind of bleeding. I still continue taking Santey Pure Barley Grass Juice.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.