Esmya and heavy bleeding

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi there,

I was wondering if there is someone out there with similar problem as me....diagnosed with a large submucosal fibroid (9cm), gyno prescribed Esmya. I was happy to try it as just started a new job so surgery is not ideal(not that this was even discussed by the doctor). Started to take it on 18th December 17, then started to spot on the 1th January- only in the afternoon with nothing during am and early afternoon. Then the heavy period started on 6th January and hasn't stopped yet! 11 days of on/off bleeding, completely unpredictable, sudden flooding followed by dry up afternoon only to start bleeding again. It's causing me an anxiety now as don't want to have an embarrassing accident at work and can't go home either! I contacted gyno who said keep taking Tranexamic Acid (provides maybe an afternoon relief but heavy period returns). Spoke to a gp today after another bounce of flooding and large clots, she told me not to take the Tranexamic Acid anymore (I took it for whole week rather than just 4days). Anyone else having trouble stopping their bleeding while on Esmya? I am also anemic. Anyone with erratic bleeding patern? Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I am loosing my strength. Thank you.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Marie

Did the Esmya finally work for you? I am also facing the same problem.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.