Essex. Is this a virus going about

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi for last ten days, been feeling as if something not right, got pains under arm left side in chest or breast, then began to just feel very low, had aches generally, on,y occasionally sneezed, but head ache,    I have had bad pain in ribs since July and breathing really bad when it hurt, thought it was acid reflux, but it all ended up like this this, feeling dreadful on christmas day, infact bed. In bed all day in tears feel so awful, is this goi g around in essex dies anyone else feel like it x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Those types of pains can be related to the heart.  I would go be checked out 
  • Posted

Seeing as you are in so much discomfort I would certainly make an appointment to see your doctor.
  • Posted

I am worried your symptons may be connected with your heart. Don't hesitate to call an ambulance. The medics will give you an ECG immediately, either indoors or in the ambulance. They will then know by the results whether or not you have to go to the hospital. Acid reflux and stroke symptons are very similar, so be on the safe side. The ambulance people know their job and will take you to hospital if it's needed or tell you if you are well enough to stay at home. I was in this position a few years ago and after a week of pain as you are describing, my son called an ambulance and I had had a TIA (mini-stroke) followed by a bigger one.

• Posted

Thankyou for your sound advice perhaps I didn't describe it very well, it's in the breast tissue not in the actual chest, the muscle area and under arm I think it's a nerve or something, maybe costochondritis I just wondered, seems everytime you go to doctors now they say it's a virus whatever you go with , thankyou though fir your kind reply x
    • Posted

Hi, I was diagnosed last February with gastritis. I too have aches in my chest, just under where my bra fits. I have asked about it being costochonditis but doc said not. I wake up with it, I worries me. But has gone on for such a long time. It's not getting worse but no better either. Sometimes I think I might sleep funny, wish I knew what it was. I'm not taking any meds a moment as the side effects are dreadful. I hope you get sorted soon, and have more luck with the docs than I have. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.