Estrogen levels going up and down

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi

I had my yearly exam last month on 7/27 and blood work done on 7/19.

My blood test came back good except for the estrogen it came back at 385 I am 54 and the last couple of years it was at 156,33,45. My doctor did it again and went down to 285. So he sent me to have a ultra sound and a tranvaginal ultra sound and it should a csyts on the right ovary and thickening of the endromaterial of 12 mm and I had some cyts in my uterus.

He sent to a obgyn and he did another ulter sound everthing stayed the same. I didnt care for him.

I went back yesturday to my regular doctor to get a diffrent referrl and he talked in to staying with the obgyn and talked to him over the phone will was there.

Here is where I am really confused My doctor did and other round of blood test everthing came back good and now my estrogen level is back down to 44. Why????

I have emailed my doctor this morning. I have not had period since July 12.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Did you get a hysteroscopy done?

A biopsy? This is the usual procedure. What did they gynae say??

My advice to u would be find a new doctor and ask to see anothe gynae. U cannot let matters lie. Ur health in 1st place.

Keep me posted.

X

• Posted

Hi Natacha

I got my blood test by and my estrogen level is back down to 46.

I talked to the gynae this morning and he said that the cyst has resolved.

He want to do a endomaterial biopsy as a first step to rule out cancer

• Posted

Good. My bloods were all normal as well.

Stressing about it won't help u unfortunately. I try my best to put it to the back of my mind and get on with life.

These are procedure that are normally taken.

I spoke to a very well know. French gynae Jean Pierre Naccache and he told me they are all normal procedures that they take to rule out any further problem going unnoticed.

So try an enjoy urself as much as u can and it will be fine.

• Posted

As to your question about your estrogen level being back down to 44.  You are in the final stages of reaching menopause.  In my final year, I would have a period maybe every couple months.  Then six months.  As is common, our production of estrogen can be very erratic, and our production of progesterone is nearly absent.  Woman at this age, and meno status are rarely ovulating, which is why it is almost unheard of for a woman to get pregnant at this time in life.  (It can happen, but very rarely does.)

So your estrogen level has been rocking and rolling with highs and lows,  while your progesterone is not produced at normal levels.  Estrogen thickens the lining of the uterus, and the lack of progesterone doesn't  allow it to fully shed.   This is why your uterus is showing a thickend lining.  

Hope this helps.

• Posted

Men have it easy. If I have to go through many more yrs of this, I'm going to shoot myself! We womaen got screwed

• Posted

I echo gailannie's thoughts if your last period was July 12, 2016 and not July 2012! Estrogen levels naturally fluctuate during our cycles but one cannot predict the pattern when heading into menopause. When we're having regular cycles, the lining typically gets up to 16mm so 12mm is not considered thick. Our bodies usually do a good job of shedding any build up by the time we go into menopause. As far as the cysts, since they went away they were likely normal functional cysts. I hope this helps ease your mind.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.