ESYMA still bleeding

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi after my recent endometrial ablation which I have been bleeding from for over 3 months I have recently been prescribed ESYMA .... I was told I would stop bleeding within 4/5 days however am now on day 6 and there is no sign of it stopping has anyone else experienced this? 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Sorry, I am not a nurse or a doctor I really cannot give much advice but if I was bleeding for a long time I would go to A+E immediately to see a doctor and get some advice. But that is what I would do. I do not know, though, call NHS Direct and talk to a nurse, maybe they can help and give you advice or book an urgent appointment to see a GP and to explain your worries, or A+E so you can see at least a gynaecologist there in A+E.

Sorry, I do not know I am not a nurse or a doctor.

• Posted

Hi Jape29, I was on esmya this time last year for 3 months. I had the most horrendous bleeding for just over 2 weeks when I first took it. But I was warned by my Gynae this might happen as your body is getting rid of hormones. It settle down after that. It doesn't happen to everyone. It may be worth contacting your GP or Gynae to put your mind at rest. May be worth having your iron levels checked too.
  • Posted

Would agree with getting your iron levels checked. Others have mananged to slow bleeding with Tranexamic acid so go get seen my your doctor as they may beable to prescribe something.
  • Posted

I wasn't put on ESYMA but I was put on Tranexamic Acid for very heavy bleeding, I last took it about a week ago when the bleeding began again and within 3 days it had completely stopped so it might be worth asking if you can try this instead, Like Anamaria has said it might be an idea to go to A&E as you may need a transfusion.
  • Posted

Hi guys

Thanks for your responses I have been taking feroglobin but have had a conversation with my dr today and am going to have a blood test tomorrow or Friday.  

Was put on tranexamic acid back in September but literally stopped the bleeding for 2 days.  I have mentioned to the dr today and she has said that the ESYMA will work but may take a little time so fingers crossed it will stop soon.

Thanks for your help and I will keep you informed. 

X

• Posted

Hi the bleeding will settle down. Thats what happened to me. I am coming to the end of 6 months of taking esmaya and only had the one period, yhat said out of the blue had a period todsy and due to be admitted tomorrow morning for the embolizstion procedure. Im concerned as to why im bleeding. Has anyone else experienced this?
  • Posted

HI

Did your bleeding stop. I have been taking thus for 4 days and the bleeding and clots are just as bad not sure if u should go back or wait another few days x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.