Every night i have a panic attack

Posted , 4 users are following.

I can feel it comming on about this time everynight feeling cold, sick, on edge. Just as am dropping off i get a horrible senation all down my body and i feel sick and dizzy (the same kind of feeling you get when your too drunk to sleep room spinning and feeling sick) i managed to breath threw it last night but the after effects are there as soon as i wake up and lasts allday its really taking its toll. I started sertraline on thuesday and that hasnt helped yet, but from what ive read on here takes awhile to kick in. Just want to get passed this dark place in my head.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

My son gets panic attacks followed by anger tantrums. The doctor gave him Abilify and inositol supement. It has worked wonders immediately
  • Posted

Hi Kaylee,

I am the same this all started 2 weeks ago heart racing, felt faint, from then on had severe anxiety and panic attacks feeling cold, sick, pains in body jelly legs irrational thoughts.Ive never experienced anything like this im off work with it. I am 10 days in on Paroxetine which i believe take a couple of weeks to kick in, i had diazepam the first week to relax my body.Would not wish all this on anybody im sure your the same.Hope you feel better soon, im worst going to sleep and in the morning but im trying to fight it and not take diazepam. Good Luck.

Tracy

• Posted

Get a relaxation aoo and listen to it every night. You dont realize but your thinking and waiting for it so it comes. You can also literally lay there and say this is a oanic attack and observe it without allowing your mind to feed into it. Sounds weird but it works and they will stoo happening. I was getting the. Every morning and ine day decieded it was enough. So i layed there feeling all weird stuff and literally accepted it, did not allow my mind to add any negative thoughts and acknowledged each weird symptoms as anxiety and that i would get threw it like in the oast and soon it would stop. Honestly a few days later it stopped. Also, buy somefresh basil and start eating it every single day, and add it in your meals. Theres something in it that really helps with anxiety. Also a product called l theanine to help you relax. You are programming yourself to have these attacks. Accept whatever hurts or whatever weird stuff is hapoening is all related to the panic attacks. And ignore every single symptom as  something dangerous. If you believe with all your heart that you can and will get throught it..you will. 
  • Posted

Hi, Kaylee,

I replied to you 2 months ago when i was suffering the same. Iwas wondering how you are doing, i started paroxetine and suffered terrible side effects so im weaning of them now and i fell more like myself. Like you its the evening im struggling its like a claustrophbic feeling i have slept better since i started coming of the tabs.

Tracy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.