Every year!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

every year I get worse when the sun comes out, the hotter it gets the more pain I'm in, then winter comes and goes, summer comes and I'm off again! It's happened again, this morning I was working out how I was going to spread my painkillers out when I took the first ones at 2:30am, that's when I realised I'd been there many times before! Anybody else worse in the summer? I wondered if it's due to air pressure, you know, when they say "high pressure" in the summer and low in the winter, is that incredibly stupid? I know I've had enough of it, my joints feel like they're going to pop and muscles have seized up, I'm wobbling about like a drunk and can't hold a conversation. Anyone else feel like this in the summer, worse than the winter.  people keep telling me I need to move to somewhere hot, they think I'm daft when I tell them that doesn't work for me, I'm convinced colleagues thought I was saying it to go off sick in the nice weather.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Just put my thinking cap on and believe you have hit the nail on the head. Whenever I visited my GP with new symptoms it has always been in hot weather.   Last year was particularly bad and distressing with severe fog apart from the usual aches and pains.  The muscles get so tight and my balance is definitely poorer during the summer. Is it awful to hope the summer isn't too hot?
    • Posted

No, I do it every year! It is confusing, I love the sunshine even just the wonderful brightness from inside the house but I hate the way I feel! Stabbing pains, shooting pains, pains that throb, pains that ache, pains that scream, staggering, stammering, oohing and erring hmmm maybe we should all move to Iceland? We might meet what's his name there, you know the guy who does those adverts, was married to thingamajig who had those enormous boobs and kids with daft names! Lol sad thing is my hubby would know exactly who I mean haha. Oo Peter something, Jordan, he was married to Jordan! A normal conversation in our house!
  • Posted

Hi sheligh hot weather causes me more pain, the hotter it is the worse the pain is as for balance Im all over the place, my physio told me the weather affects how we are. I definitly wouldnt want to move any where hot. gentle hugs take care x
  • Posted

Hi Shelagh..i have had fibromyalgia for nearly 20 years and im the opposite winters is worse for me i feel the cold very easily and need to keep warm...my joints go stiff i sleep less and feel in more pain as well as feeling its too cold to go outside in the winter but not the summer.. i look forward to going to the park with  my daughter and 2 year old granddaughter  once a month...i can go for a short ride on my bike or go swimming and i like to read a book in the garden and enjoy the fresh air and look forward to my anual holiday.

Shirl

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.