Everyday is a struggle with Anxiety i cant live like this

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi All,

I never thought i'd post a forum, i'm normally the one reading them.

I'm after some help here i have had aniety for the last 5 years on and off, started getting panic attacks suddenly and couldnt breathe and became afraid of the outdoors. ( 17-20) i was on anti depressence which didnt really work and so i took myself off them.

I got a lot better for a while and it all went away! it was like i was healed i hads never been so happy!! no panic attacks no bad thoughts just enjoying my life.

Then suddenly i got struck with it again i wont go to public places because i feel spaced out and feel sick. I cant even sit at the table and eat as i go dizzy and feel sick, the worst thing is bed time.. i wake up EVERY night at 1,2 or 3 with a jolt of panic and feel so so sicky.. i sit up in bed and panic and wonder why do i feel like this. Its HELL!! why me! sad  going out the house is so so so hard and at work is hard but i try hard at work for it not to effect me. Feels like my life is over and im scared and lonley and wonder why i'm here sometimes - will it ever go away! i take propanlol too that helps like 1% sad

Someone please help i want to sleep and  be ok please sad sad

Jo x

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hey Joanna im dealin wit the same things i have crazy symptoms and they make me freak out i hate anxiety it really makes you go crazy sometimes
    • Posted

Hey, it's the worst thing in the world. I wouldn't wish it upon anyone. I literally can't eat or sleep I'm scared to sleep 😔 Yeah Defo makes you feel crazy X
  • Posted

Do you have a therapist or a counsellor or someone who is trained to help?
    • Posted

Hey,

Been to talking therapies years back helped a bit not much. But I have signed up for one called italk and my assessment is in June so just need to wait x

• Posted

Cognitive Behavorial Therapy.

It's supposed to teach you a way to think through anxiety rationally I think.

Can you look into it?

• Posted

Worth a try- I have docs this Thursday so I'll mention it. Thanks. I'm in bed now but too scared to sleep incase I get that jumpy feeling and wake up and I'm sick or feel sick. I'm sitting up in bed - taking over my life! X
    • Posted

just wondering.

Have you only tried normal therapy?

• Posted

Trust me I feel the use way , I struggle every single day with this anxiety , its running my life , I'm to scared to do anything and for about a.week or two I though i'd had it under control and I was getting my life back but low and behold it slowly started to resurface each day more.and more , living with anxiety is such a debilitating, depressing, sad , scary thing . I wish it would leave us all alone and return back to normal anxiety levels like normal people
    • Posted

Sorry to hear that sweet. I'm almost questioning what did I do to deserve it!! If only we could be free of if we would be so happy. It's trying to get people to understand which is the worst. Take care xx
    • Posted

Yes you are so.right its so hard to deal with .you take care as well sweet
    • Posted

It flares up sometimes. It will calm  back down. Takes a few weeks. Im 20 plus years living with it so im telling the truth, it does calm back down again. Keep positive and do all the self calming stuff you know. Maybe the migranes you get kind of triggerd it off. You will have your life back. You will. This stuff works in cycles for some reason. Dont feed into it. I wish it would leave us all alone too, everyday all the time.
    • Posted

I feel so desperate how can I stand this everyday. I've been on sertraline for 5 weeks and I feel worse. I don't know how to get through this

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.