Everyday is a struggle with Anxiety i cant live like this

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi All,

I never thought i'd post a forum, i'm normally the one reading them.

I'm after some help here i have had aniety for the last 5 years on and off, started getting panic attacks suddenly and couldnt breathe and became afraid of the outdoors. ( 17-20) i was on anti depressence which didnt really work and so i took myself off them.

I got a lot better for a while and it all went away! it was like i was healed i hads never been so happy!! no panic attacks no bad thoughts just enjoying my life.

Then suddenly i got struck with it again i wont go to public places because i feel spaced out and feel sick. I cant even sit at the table and eat as i go dizzy and feel sick, the worst thing is bed time.. i wake up EVERY night at 1,2 or 3 with a jolt of panic and feel so so sicky.. i sit up in bed and panic and wonder why do i feel like this. Its HELL!! why me! sad  going out the house is so so so hard and at work is hard but i try hard at work for it not to effect me. Feels like my life is over and im scared and lonley and wonder why i'm here sometimes - will it ever go away! i take propanlol too that helps like 1% sad

Someone please help i want to sleep and  be ok please sad sad

Jo x

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi

I suffer similar to you, sometimes I feel fine so happy and normal, then anxiety hits and I can't function normally. When this happens I feel I just can't go on like it.

I read a lot of research on 5HTP  there has been a lot of research done on this supplement, and my doctor even recommended it for me. After only a few days on minimum dose, I feel normal again. Either my anxiety was subsiding anyway or this works!  I am not about to stop it yet just in case. I also sleep better. Obviously if you are taking any medication or have any medical conditions speak to your doctor before trying it.

• Posted

I have same thing plus I faint sometimes (vasovagal syncope) from my panic or anxiety Attucks. Mine started about 15 years ago and getting worse and worse. Mets help me a little but just a little.

got no job, no money, no health. 

• Posted

I meant meds not mets. 

also what's sad that doctors don't think it's a serious condition or even an illness at all. How cruel is this world.

• Posted

Hi Joanna

Anxiety sucks but you cant let it take over your life.

Consider therapy to teach you how to cope with anxiety.

It is a switch in your brain that is broken it is telling you your in danger when your not.

You are still working so that is good

Stay Strongcool

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.