Everything is going wrong and I hate myself

Posted , 6 users are following.

My mum and dad are divorced my brother has a behavioural disorder I suffer from depression and anxiety I fell out with me only friend I had a girlfriend who broke up with me because she was too depressed to have a relationship and us being together made her worse. I have no one, I have nothing, all I feel is pain and I want it to end

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hang in there Oscar I feel as lost as you but one thing about this community is you'll find your not alone we all are working through tough circumstances but I have this voice inside me that keeps telling me to keep going and sometimes you need others that can help spark that voice again all it takes is one good day to change everything and the only way we get there is to keep living

• Posted

Hi Oscar, you need to concentrate on you and overcoming your anxiety and depression, everything seems bleak when your in this illness. You don't say whether you are getting any help such as therapy or meds if not I'd strongly recommend you speak to your GP. You don't say how old you are as if your in your teens things can appear bigger problems than they are.

If you still value your friendship with the friend you fell out with why don't you offer an olive branch and see if you can make up, it doesn't matter whose fault it was if you value the friendship and want it back then do it, bridges should never be burnt. 

Re your ex contact her and tell her you still feel for her and you will be there for her if she needs any help with her deoression even as just a friend.

Anxiety and depression is never your fault it's an illness. 

Dont beat yourself up these are things that happen as part of life, you learn from them and they set you up for adulthood, you will look back on this period in some time and realise you can get through difficulties.

Neil

• Posted

Hi Oscar - sorry to read of your situation - so many disruptions to the flow of your life. I suppose the first thing to say is not to blame yourself. Your parents divorce is not your fault, nor your brother's issues. Depression can cause us to cut others out of our lives for many reasons - a sense of unworthiness, a feeling one is unable to return affection, a belief that no-one really can or will love us. The best thing is to give her space to deal with herself. Freindships also evolve, interests change, people move on with their lives. Aspinan's post gives good advice: 'you need to concentrate on you...'  

The first step is to make an appointment with your doctor and discuss what you are feeling. Ask for a referral to a therapist/counsellor/psychologist to examine what you are feeling and why. You are young and tackling this illness early is an opportunity that many of us on this site would have loved to have had. You are brave enough to recognise what is happening and to reach out - a crucial element to tackling a difficult and very individual illness. Once you are in a more stable place in life you can try reconnecting with the ex and your friend. Or not - perhaps you will have moved on with a deeper self understanding and will be ready to make new connections. Make that appointment, don't give up, and we are always here to talk.

• Posted

Hey Oscar

Suicide is never the answer. It doesnt end the pain just passes it someone else. Think about your family. Things will get better. Get help for your Anxiety and Depression. You are not alone you have your family and we're here if you need to talk. Give her time she is depressed. I agree with Wayne depression makes us cut off people. She probably needs to be alone right now. If she lets you be there for her. Maybe the two of you can get through this together. smileFix the friendship if you can if not move on you can always find new friends.👍Dont be sad about your parents you can't do much if they end up divorced. You can only try to be there for them in this difficult moment. As for your brother, try to understand him he has a behavioral Disorder. Get help for you and your brother. Therapy, counseling, Anxiety/Depression medication if needed. Talk to your parents. Maybe your brother is having a difficult time too because of your parents divorce. Take care🙌

• Posted

Don't hate yourself you didn't do anything wrong. I feel like that too but I try to ignore my mind and distract myself. You can do it. Don't listen to your mind. Positive affirmations help.👏

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.