everything's seems wierd to me

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have anxiety and derealisation, humans look strange to me ? Like I keep obessesing about and it's filling me with so much panic someone please help? I've started my new job today and I don't want this to ruin it

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I feel the same just try to ignore the feeling and live your life more you think about it worse it will get just dont think about it and it will go away
  • Posted

I know it's scary but accept it don't fight it just tell yourself it's anxiety I know trying not to think about it is hard especially when you're constantly feeling like this sad it will go away I promise smile
  • Posted

I have depersonalization I've had it for ten years I know how you feel it's a living nightmare!!! It's just your tired mind from all the anxiety you are not your mind!! Keep saying that to yourself! I know it's hard I wish mine would just p iss off!!! All the best with your new job and I hope your dp will go away soon!
  • Posted

It's hard to ignore or tell yourself its not real. My suggestion go to the mirror, look at yourself feel of your head, eyes, the shape of your nose, ears rub your arms look at your hands put them togethr. You are human and the others look like you. Imagine they feel the same as you, human... ask people that understand your problems if you can give them a back massage or something look at their features... get connected with people physically. It might sounds crazy to some but when we are not connected we forget and then our mind plays tricks on us. Good luck with your new job, you will do great!
  • Posted

I have anxiety, and I think I have depersonalization, as well. I'm always feeling like I'm in a dream. Things look slightly blurry & foggy, and just weird.
  • Posted

Just a thought to anyone suffering from depersonalization. Get your eyes checked. If you are prone to having strange thoughts, it makes things look weirder if you have astigmatism or astigmatisms... The more tired you are the more distorted your vision becomes. It can really mess with your head... 
    • Posted

I've already gone to the doctor. I don't have those probs with my eyes, but yeah, exhaustion can distort your vision, and really mess with your head.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.