Everything seems overwhelming!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey there, im a 28 yr. Old mother to 2 girls. I work for a property management company leasing spartments. Anxiety for me means worrying about everything.Everything seems like such a task and I find myself struggling just to do my daily routine. I constantly judge myself for everything I do and say. I always worry about what people think about me. Because I'm so consumed in my thoughts I can't think straight or focus. Learning something new or doing something I've never done before scares me to the point where it's like my brain literally shuts down and I'm not able to even think. I feel like people think I'm stupid or unintelligent. I've always done really well in school throughout my years so I know it's not true but this constant brain fog makes me start to believe it.

I know a lot this seems like depression but that's not the cause. I've never been a depressed person.

Anyone else have the same experience in their every day life?

3 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi to you all, I found this whole discussion a bit of an eye opener. I suffer with depression and anxiety and I jumped to the conclusion that Lindsay's issue could only be as a result of depression. I guess some where along the way I forgot there are many things physical as well as mental that can affect our state of mind. It made me see how it is important to explore all avenues and possible causes and not just make a snap judgement.

I hope you get to the bottom of if Lindsay and feel better very soon.

• Posted

Many doctors miss hypothyroidism as it has a lot of symptoms in common with other illnesses. I would though urge anyone with Lyndsey's symptoms to see their doctor and get checked for hypothyroidism. For many people the blood test shows they have hypothyroidism, they get prescribed levothyroxine and, after a bit of juggling with dosages, they're fine. However, for a sizeable minority (15%) it doesn't quite work like this. It can take a while before the blood test reflects the symptoms and some people don't respond well enough to thyroxine. But these people are in a minority (I'm one of them!).
    • Posted

Lol - it's natural to do so - I think everyone has an underactive thyroid! We work on what we know. Which is why forums like this, (where we can each contribute what we know to the discussion), are so helpful. In management terminolgy it is called 'bounded rationality' - managers make decisions on what they know. In other words, it's not you, it's something that everyone does. The key thing is to do what you have done, and be prepared to change your decision when new information comes to light.
  • Posted

There is a really good website based in the uk (google thyroid uk org) that gives list of symptoms. It's a good idea to tick the ones that apply to you and use it as a discussion aid with your doctor. If you have hypothyroidism you are likely to also have low levels of some vitamins and minerals. Common ones are Ferritin, Iron, Calcium, magnesium, vitamin D, and potassium. So it's worth discussing with your doctor and getting these checked. There are also several of the vitamin B's that are essential for mental health. Google each one (e.g. vitamin B1, B2, B3...) and you will see what I mean.Excessive thirst can be a symptom of diabetes, though in my case it's a dust allergy making my mouth really dry.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.