Excericing w/ Diverticulitis

Posted , 3 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I read that we need to excersie what kind are we to do that would be safe with this mess!! They even said that could if caused it

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Personally, I am am very wary about doing  a lot of bending and lifting heavy objects.
    • Posted

3 days after a flare up I was walking down the hall way rather fast becuase my autistic  son was having a baby cow over a pizza it was in the oven anyways the cable cord was accross the hall way floor I triped on it I was on cell phone so did not look down or expect it to be strung across the floor  and my cell phone went flying through the air and I fell hard everything was like a daze my knee was real sore and kinda knock my breath a little I feel forward :-) This year is just not starting off good!
  • Posted

I can't lift or bend due to the pain during a flare.  However when I am feeling better, I walk.  Not far - just around a mile and a half, through our local woods.  I think swimming might also be good, although I dont!

• Posted

I exercise almost every day doing 30 minutes of some type of cardio or weight lifting.    However, my flare 2 years ago occurred after spending a day in 90 degree heat distributing wheel barrow loads of wood mulch in our gardens and shrub beds.  Coincidence? I don't know due to the fact that I ate tomatoes with seeds and pine nuts too.  Since then, I have cut out all nuts, seeds, and insoluble fibers from my diet.  I do not do heavy lifting anymore either!

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up