Excerise that kills you?

Posted , 5 users are following.

As many as you know I became obsessed last year of keeping fit

I would power walk so fast through streets I looked like a mad man, cars used to hoot their horn when I walked past and people used to take the mick

Last January I was power walking so fast I lost balance and had horrendous leg problems ever since

They felt like they had doubled in size and trebled in weight,I had months of popping tingling burning, with every step I walked the leg felt heavier and heavier

I went for x Rays, neurology department all fine

Things got better so I started excerising and medium power walking and the last 2 days it's like these legs just don't want to walk

They have become so stiff so solid it's like someone's pulling me on reins back when I try to walk foward

Im

Scared stiff I'll be a cripple im only 38 year old man

It's so important to excerise 5 times a week they say but what happened when your excerise and walking cause you injury and pain

But I can't do nothing at all yet these legs just don't seem to want to walk I feel helpless

The only thing I like is Aerobics and swimming

Thank you for reading, maybe there's something I can do excerise before I walk to help me walk

Thank you anyone and everyone who can get me out of this hell

Love Kristian xxxxx

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi love I know just what you mean I'm same I suffer from fibromyaliga but lately my knees are so painful and swollen can hardly walk but they can't find anything wrong I go on my exercise bike to try to keep my legs working but like you I'm in agony I'm sorry I don't know the answer was just letting you know I'm same and do feel for you hugs jill xx

• Posted

I'm sorry but it seems to me you need help from professionals. One thing I will say though, exercise is not THAT important! Five times a week might be ideal, it is definitely not necessary. If you tend to be obsessive and overdo things the most important thing for you right now is to learn to relax and let go. Mindfulness meditation is a wonderful tool, and it's very inexpensive!

• Posted

Sounds like you stirred up a case of inflammation that is not going away on it's own.  Have you got a doc willing to put you on steroids?  I'd also stick to swimming for awhile.

• Posted

All I know is water is possibly best thing.  Low impact.  I would hate to see you exacerbate your pain by walking on hard surface?  Good luck.  You're too young for old people problems.

• Posted

You need to see an orthopedist before you do any more damage.  I'd go to one that services your local professional sports teams....the best for sports-related injuries.  Until you find out what's really wrong, back off...swimming is best.  You need a definitive diagnosis before you can continue.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.