Excruciating pain like muscles being ripped apart 3wks 3days after gallbladder removal help ????

Posted , 6 users are following.

Gallbladder removed because of stones & adhesions removed from bile duct . Still in the worse pain I have ever had . When I try to sit up get outa bed or stand . It is like muscles inside are being ripped apart. It stops me mid movement and has me crying out (more like screaming) . Please help I would be grateful for any advice at all. Went to gp,s on thurs 30th march 17 go sent me to hospital. For dr to say it's only to be expected . Give it time your still healing ???? After being told can drive 10 days after op !!!!i can't even get in car let alone drive it 😲😲😲

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

There is no way you should be in so much pain.  I would go to A&E and demand another doctor.  Something could be wrong and the doctor should have done more investigative work to make sure you were okay.

Please let me know how you get on! 

• Posted

Hi Lynda I'm not in any pain tho when I'm laying down , it's when I go to sit up it's like really bad burning pain . When I do push through the pain barrier, it hurts very much this burning pain . but eases off once I lay back down. I think I might of strained one of the muscles in my stomach . Probs I've pushed myself to fast. Was wondering if anyone else going thro the same thing ? . I have promised my husband I will go back hospital on Monday morning if there is no sign of it easing .even tho I can't think of anything worse than going thro all the pressing & prodding . But after reading ur reply , I am definitely going in to get this sorted. Thank you very much

• Posted

Hi Jayne.

I understand that you think you migh have pulled a muscle, but I'm concerned you're in too much pain to have done that.  You should have pain, but moderate pain.  Don't try to push through it, because you don't know what's happening internally.  Hopefully, the doctor will do more than press and prod you.  I would suggest that you might want to insist on an ultrasound or a CT scan to err on the side of caution.  

Please do let me know how you get on!

• Posted

Jayne take yourself to A&E. I was so bad with pain i called for an ambulance. They do all sorts of tests and came up with the conclusion i still have stones left in there. I have an endoscopy tomorrow and ultrasound next week. Please don't wait it's not worth going through all that pain. I'm hoping they will find something in there as at least they can get rid of it. Hope you get it sorted out soon. Jill

• Posted

Hi Jill . I'm hoping to get thro today & speak to gp in the morning. I would prefer she sent me straight to surgical ward . Rather than sit in A&E for half the day . But I think u are right in saying go in . Cos pain unbearable when I move .feels like something been ripped open inside. I will ph gp at 8 in the morning & take it from there. I will defo keep you informed . Thank you for your advice Jill x

• Posted

Hi Lynda. I've been to see gp this afternoon , I have infection in one of the scars been put on antibiotics for a week . Gp said it's because of my M.E. it's taking longer for muscles to repair . So hopefully I will start to get better. Thank u so much for asking that's really nice of you x

• Posted

You're so welcome, Jayne.  Because you'll be on antibiotics, I suggest you start taking a probiotic, one that gets through your stomach to your small intestine and that fortifies the bacteria in your gut and your uro-genital area.  Might save you from a UTI later on! smile  Please let me know how you do! smile

• Posted

Awww thanx Lynda I will put that on husbands shopping list 🤣 I will keep you informed on my progress. Thanx again x

• Posted

We all heal differently but I agree. I think you need to go back to Dr/ or hosp.

Hope you get relief soon!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.