Excruciating Period Pains

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been suffering from unbearable period pains for so long. The pain is so intense I cant move, I lay on the floor in a fetal position screaming and crying. It shoots down my legs, so I can hardly walk. It also makes me nauseous and dizzy. I have thrown up because of it being so intense. Pain killers like ibuprofen do nothing to dull the pain. I have been taken to the hospital numerous times because of it and I am always told that I am being over dramatic and that this pain is normal.

I am currently 22 now, I remember the pain starting to get bad when I was maybe 16 or 17. It feels like it's getting worse. I can usually feel it coming at least a week before it actually starts. But the day my period hits is when the pain gets absolutely unbearable, and it lasts for hours sometimes days but the pain is never as bad as the day it starts.

I don't really know what to do at this point. I'm so sick of going to doctors or Gynos and them telling me that I'm fine when they wont even do tests on me. This doesn't feel normal and I've never spoken to any woman who goes through the same pain that I do. I've just read about it online, but I have nobody who can relate.

Thank you in advance for any advice that you give. It's really appreciated.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

This sounds like classic endometriosis to me. I have it as well. It is extremely painful and there are options to treat it. I am so sorry your doctors have not taken you seriously. I would seek a second opinion and demand they look into endometriosis as a cause.

• Posted

i had very painful periods from 14 to early 20 . i was originally prescribed mefenamic acid its helps with the pain and reduces blood flow. Also some from of the pill help too . They never did any test from me either but they took the pain seriously. i was diagnosed with premature ovarian failure basically early menopause at 24 though. Still have no answer if the two were related. Hope this helps. Rachel

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.