excruciating shoulder pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi all hope someone has an idea . will share a bit of my story. 8 days ago i entered a fishing competition starting at 6am and ending at 3pm. i was basically casting the whole time. felt no pain all was normal. the next evenin which was a monday i started vommiting and took myself to emergency and was given tablets to stop the vommiting. i then went home and slept on my couch for 24 hours. i then woke up with a slight right shoulder pain which progressed within hours and took the pain from a 2 to a 10. i was given heavy pain medication as i couldnt even straighten my left arm. they didnt help and hours later i went to the emgergacy again. they said the pain in my left shoulder might be part of the gastro bug. its been 1 week. i have excruciating pain im my left shoulder. left elbow is numb. sl8ghtly sorr neck. forarm is also a bit sore. my right shoulder is alsp sore but not as back and my thumb on my right hand is tingly and numb. i am at the drs now trying to get help but they dont know whats wrong. i cant sleep at night the pain keeps me awake and in tears . any ideas would be great.thanks in advance

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Memphis B,

You have frozen shoulder i had it after a car accident was in agony n could move my arm phyisio mate was escrutating i had an op on mine still no better worse when really cold.

Go back to doc and ask gor phyisio.

IreneMatthews.

• Posted

hi irene thanks for the reply. after a 2 hours wait at my drs he has me booked in for a ct scan in the morning he thinks it might be a nerve issue with my spine and neck. im hoping to get some relife asap my wife is due to give birth any day im no good to anyone in pain
    • Posted

Oh Great about your Scan n hope when baby arrives all goes well for you both.

All the Best.

IreneMatthews.

• Posted

My suggestion would be get a GOOD!! physical therapist  to use a TENS or microcurrent on you ASAP.

Sounds as though you might have some nerve damage along with some tissue tearing.

I've had office treatments as well as portable units hung on me. i claim 90% positive results from it.

I've used on shoulders, feet, knee, elbows and more for at least 30 years

Should be somewhat fresh damage to work. Some-what inexpencive and insursurance generally covers it.

I have some new PT's who didn't know what i was talking about.

As a note, "if you feel it" their NOT doing it right.

1st)Turned down till prickling stops

2nd) aprox 20 min to releive imflamation, turn down again if felt.

3rd) aprox 20 min for healing process.

That's my experance

good luck

If you Google it, you'll see how it works reducing swelling, pain and premotes healing.

• Posted

Don940,

Hi ive been looking on net for pain relife n ive come across Acti Patch its for pain relife for Arthritis n other conditions going down to docs to ask if i can have it cus am fed up of taking meds ive got loadz.

I did try thing like youve got ages ago but didnt think it was best at the time cus its constantly their.

Diligent500.

• Posted

hi don i have purchased a tens machine today and am trying it. my ct scan came back with c5.6.7 being slighty herniated and also a small cyst like leigion on a bone. they want me to have another ct scan or mri which freaks me out. my left shoulder is in excruciating pain 24/7 to the point i want to cry. my dr has told me to take paracetamol and nothing else. i will try and build up the courage for an mri. 2 weeks ago i was a normal pain free dad. now im basically crippled.
  • Posted

HI,

You may have a bursitus, swelling in the shoulder joint. I over extended my left arm some weeks ago + cannot bend arm behind torso or above ear. Lot of nerve pain coming from my neck now, had ACDF 5/6 last yr + hope I have not upset the plate in my neck. Try a ultrasound of area, cortisone inf if needed to joint, may need neck area checked as well. Hope this helps.

• Posted

thanks for the reply. ive had deep tissue massage and ct scan not showing much. i will be getting an mri on monday if not better by then

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.