Excruciating throbbing at the right side of my face

Posted , 2 users are following.

Since having had a deep filling back in May this year, I am now aware that there is a painful, deep throbbing, which is a pain I can describe as one being similar to having wisdom teeth still in place.

I am having to take painkillers or use other numbing agents, which is all very well, but once they "wear off," the pain is unbearable to the point it has made me angry that I could either cry or attempt to locate the painful tooth and attempt to extract it myself.

It shatters my confidence a great deal, particularly when eating - whenever anything cold or hot passes over it, the sensitivity makes me wince and I have to tilt my head to one sign and take food and drink through the left-hand side, which is not too bad, although I am becoming aware of the potential of the pain spreading to that side as well, so I cannot help feeling concerned that I would have to have fully-blown extraction treatment and have to wear dentures.

I am on a low income so do any of you know of how and where I could get any such treatment on the NHS?

As I sit here writing this, my right hand cheeks have a pulsating feeling!

Hope you can help sad

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Sounds as if you may need a root canal. Especially if you have pain when you have heat near it, that is usually a symptom of a tooth that needs root canal. Pain has a tendency to radiate in the mouth, which is why you may feel the pain spreading.  

• Posted

Thanks ever so much for that. I've researched root canals online and will be in contact with my Dentist on Monday and see about getting this treatment carried out fairly urgently. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.