Exercise after surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all, I am now nearly 4 weeks post op for rectocel and perionoscopy, my question is when I have my follow up in April and I start exercise again is it OK to use my crazy fit vibration plate machine again. Obviousley this would be in time once I am OK after swimming and excise bike etc. I have searched the Web but can not find an answer. I feel great now, I did all was told nothing for 2 weeks only doing light housework now and still resting after I've walked, bm easy and doing keagles fine, a lucky lady I think. X

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

It sounds as though you are doing really well. Make sure you ask at your post-op check up about specific exercises, you don't want to do too much too soon. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Lynn my advise to you is to take it easy don't undo what's been done. I know you feel you can do more but if. I think you would be better have short walks and build up and do your pelvic flor exercises

• Posted

I was told it would be 3-4 months recovery at least before I can do 'normal' things. Does your gadget cause pressure on the pelvic floor muscles? If so don't use it until you've strengthed them with physio, kegels etc. 4 weeks is far too early to be doing lots of exercise, easy does it for another couple of months and your repairs will last longer. rolleyes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.