Exercises

Posted , 10 users are following.

It seems everyone is told different things by different hospitals. I was told I should do pelvic floor exercises after the catheter came out, other people are told not for 6 weeks. I'm confused. If you were told to wait what reasons were you given. I get no pain when clenching my pelvic floor but don't want to do any damage by doing exercises too soon.

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I was also told as soon as catheter out could start pelvic floor exercises. Felt a bit nippy at first this time round so only occasionally trying, but once reached 2 weeks post op have been doing 10x fast ones and 10x longer hold three times a day just now, just about holding on to bladder control. If I over do anything during the day I get a nippy warning from my posterior stitches and then have to rest up for a day!

Xx

• Posted

tbh i wasnt told anything before/after my repair ,  before the operation the surgeon(dont know her name) came to see me she said it was ok to lift my 9 month old afterwards as did the anaesthetist but the physiotherapist said not to even lift an iron , very confusing , was told to do my pelvic floor exercises staright away x
    • Posted

Helen please be careful or you risk hurting yourself . I've a list of dos and donts if you'd like it, pm me your e mail addy xx
    • Posted

i will do thanks , thankfully my wee girl is at my parents during the day till hubby picks her up at 5.30 then he does all the lifting so ive not really had to worry about that , just started driving my son to school again this week but im trying so hard to watch what im doing, will pm you now xx
  • Posted

Hi Rosie I agree a lot of conflicting advice - my consultant just said to me you will need to do pelvic floor excercise for rest of your life to look after the repair - the physio told me to start as soon as catheter was taken out - 10 quick and 10 slow 4 times a day. I'm using the NHS squeeze app on my phone which is great -but if I have had a day where I've been on my feet a lot and am feeling a bit sore I will give them a miss - 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.