exhaustion

Posted , 9 users are following.

Please tell me others of you have been so tired it seems that I am ill from something else.  I am tired all day then cannot sleep at night, then don't want to get up and go to work.  While sitting at my desk I just want to get under it and go to sleep at work.

Help

3 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Mjlizard,

I too suffer from fatique. I feel tired when I wake up and I have a desk job as well and want to crawl under and take a nap some days. I take 2500 of B12 every day but I can't tell if its really helping or not. I'm developing weirder symptoms the closer I get to menopause. Just looking forward to the day I can skip the tampon/pad isle in the grocery store lol

• Posted

I am so fed up of dry stinging eyes and wanting to go to sleep, yet at night, my mind can race and I can wake literally every hour sometimes. I am frightened it's something scarey, fingers crossed it's just the peri but it takes it out of you. I hope you start to feel better soon x. 
    • Posted

Yes I am concerned too.  I just feel like everything in me is shutting down.
    • Posted

I've been through exactly what you're describing for months.  I take a small dose of melatonin each night now (3 mg) and it helps some... still not getting a full night's sleep but more than before.  I couldn't stand the constant exhaustion anymore.
    • Posted

It's horrible. And no matter how hard you try not to worry, you can't help it. Then you go for several days and feel okay, only for it to start again. I may look into the Melatonin. Thanks for the tip Elizabeth x. 
    • Posted

That's what is so frightening. Being on constant health alert is very exhausting. I try to keep calm so my poor body doesn't react. I just hope we can all feel a little more like our old selves soon x. 
    • Posted

You're welcome.  A coworker recommended it to me and it has really helped.
    • Posted

Hi Elizabeth,

You mention you take melatonin to help you sleep and also feeling very low mood when you wake up? Have you thought those too might be related? I have tried to give melatonin to my son who is autistic and goes through phases when he struggles to go to sleep. We had to give up because he had these overwhelming feelings of sadness and he would fall asleep but then he would wake up few hours later sobbing and it would take ages to comfort him. It just a thought. It might be totally unrelated in your case but I just thought I'd mention it. As with everything, different people respond differently to medication.

• Posted

Hi Daisy, that's a good question.  I was already having the trouble with waking up sad before starting to take the melatonin, though, and I do sleep now more than before.  I was sleeping only about 3-4 hours nightly and the fatigue was just killing me during the day as my job is extremely stressful and my supervisor has excessive expectations.  However, I'm not sure this is a long-term solution as it bothers me to rely on it.
  • Posted

That has to be one of the worst of Peri symptoms, at least for me.
    • Posted

I'm post and on HRT. Lack of sleep is the worst thing because when you are tired it amplifies all the other problems.

It's 3 am now I'm shattered but still unable to sleep. I've totally had enough of it. Tried just about everything, I could take a sleeping pill and feel like a zombie tomorrow or just stay up and feel like a zombie tomorrow.

• Posted

I can relate. I take Ambien when I wake up in the middle of night. Like clockwork I wake up after 2 hours of sleep and then can't get back asleep. I've read online that a cup of chamomile with 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and some honey helps. I've been taking it in the evening. I'll have to try longer to really say yay or nay for me but a lot of posts online about it. Hope you are able to sleep.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.