exhaustion citalopram

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been on 10mg citalopram for approx 2.5 months.  The last couple of weeks i have been feeling absolutely exhausted.  I have been sleeping the day, feel very weak, can't do anything.  I don't think this is normal.  Not sure why i have this now and not early on? I'm quite gutted, i was resonding well to the med. Please help. 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Try taking it at night. Good luck.
  • Posted

I had the same problem quite soon after I started on citalopram 20mg.  Had to reduce to 10mg which I'm still on just to be able to stay awake at work, but am still tired all the time.  I'm sorry I don't have a solution for you but wanted you to know that it's not just you, you're not alone with these symptoms.
  • Posted

I have been taking it for around 8 yrs and only recently saw this board and realised that I was needing extra sleep during the day as a long term side effect. I changed my 40 mMG'sfrom morning to night and it helped a lot.
  • Posted

PLZ check with UR doc another RX can be offered for a try. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.