Experience really bad back pain could this be because my period is lasting so long

Posted , 4 users are following.

Period lasting for 5weeks my back pain has now intensified any one else had this thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I don't have period lasting that long. If anything I missed a month. But I feel that it could well be caused by it. I had been suffering from odd back pains along with other symptoms. To my surprise many things rather than periods can cause back pain; e.g. ibs, gall bladder, kidney... I still don't know which one is causing my back pain. I also feel sick when the pain is severe. If I rest by sitting or lying down the pain goes away. I don't know if these helps you too. Get better

• Posted

Thanks for reply just wish this period would end hope you find put what's causing your back pain I know kidney pain can sometimes make you feel sick hope you find out what of is

• Posted

Thank you. I do hope your period ends soon. 5 weeks is too long to have a period. Perhaps once it stops you won't have a period for months. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Lisa.. yes I have had this problem also! Horrible low back pain that goes down my butt and legs during cycle. Some months are great, while others simply just suck!
  • Posted

Yes!  I am in the same situation now.  Exactly 5 weeks and back pain started 2 days ago although I may have also pulled a muscle.  Dr. suggested a low dose progesterone for 10 days and if that doesn't work, ultrasound and a potential biopsy...Here's to hoping that corrects the issue.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.