Experiences of phoning a crisis line?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Has anyone experience of phoning an urgent advice line / single point of access line when in a mental health crisis? Also how effective are crisis teams / what can they actually do? Do you have to be in immediate danger before anyone comes round?

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Well my area CRISIS Team have always been very good - 5pm - 9am weekdays , all weekend , bank holidays . So like i said it differs from town to town depending on local NHS healthcare and our county is fantastic so please do not tarnish them as all the same !! i even sent the Crisis team a thank you card for their help last year at Christmas .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.