Exteme high anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

Any coping strategies for working with very high anxiety? I want to change jobs but financially can't right now and I have been changed to a different area. I am usually upbeat even tho I cry silently. I don't 'click' with the gossiping troublemakers and finally, yesterday, I found myself with uncontrollable tears flowing, today as well but I am off work. I am taking Trintellix and Wellbutrin which I was told Wellbutrin exacerbates anxiety. But it also helps me keep focused since I am adhd. Nevertheless, I have had depression for many yrs and finding it very hard to cope. Tears flow now as I am typing this. I pray ALL the time but no relief. I feel don't belong anywhere. I wake with butterflies in my stomach thinking of work, even tho I do have a goal of getting out of there after Christmas, my thoughts get clouded. I detest t his feeling.Hugs to all who are living with this. Suggestions?????

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry you are feeling like this right now:-(.

?When my anxiety is really high, I find that going for walks helps me a lot. Being out in the sun whenever possible. Reading these forums, and realizing others are going through the same thing. When I'm at home, I try to find something light hearted and relaxing (I know, easier said than done) to keep my mind off my worries. I've taken up adult coloring, and I've been watching comedies in the evening, and then reading funny novels at night.

When at work, keep reminding yourself that you will have another job in time. Can you listen to calming music through headphones while you are at work? Maybe that could help. Or have some pictures in your work space that remind you that you are more than just your job. Pictures that don't have anything to do with work, such as photos of family and friends, pets, favorite vacation spots, etc.

?I haven't tried it yet, but I've heard meditation can help.

• Posted

Thank you so much, kelly, for your response. I, too, watch comedies in the evening. I love to laugh, but lately, the laughter has diminished but fluttering of butterflies in tummy persists. Shamefully, at work, I feel so paralyzed with fear/anxiety that I feel I will faint. I want to desperately leave but have too much responsibility that this isn't financially possible. Right now, I want to cry, again, just the thought of showing up at work in the morning. I know I have to push through the fear, and have done so for wks but now with me tearing up at work in front of my superior, so unlike me. I don't want to take any more meds if I can help it. I feel only a bit of sedation meds would help high anxiety but I can't afford to feel drowsy at work. neutral

• Posted

I found this tip to be very helpful to me:

Anxiety disorders are heightened when a person obsesses over the future and is not able to bring their focus back to the present. 'Future tripping', as some call it, is when we are consumed with the 'what ifs' of the day or week "When someone is focused too much on the future, upon awaking they may be tormented by all the things they have to do, or even worse, all the things that may go wrong."

• Posted

What you write is so true. Obsessing about how future cannot ever be back to normal. Wake every day like this.  Must be a med dr can give tomhelp,it.  All i got was diazepam and it just deadens me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.