External and Internal hemorrhoids

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello Everyone

Well for the pass couple of days since Sunday I went to the ER for my Hem. So the doctor perscrible me a medication called proctofoam (hydrocortisone acetate) for my internal swelling. But it turn out that it just interact more. So I had to get some Epsom salt and hemorrhoidal suppositories an take laxative bm was hard a stool. Second round was okay but had soak and Epsom salt. Once I was going regular I was drinking a lot of water and took fiber pills and ate some Kale . Kale is real good for your diet To anyone that still have pain after they surgery please take fiber pills drink water and eat some Kale. Friday I have to see my Gastroenterologist hopefully no surgery. My external is out but not much still have like a tingle feeling no bm with any problems. Is laser surgery is easier or with a rubber ban surgery is easier for hemorrhoids?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I am pretty sure laser is easier then rubber band surgery. You can discuss this more with your surgeon and the different options. I had the haemorridectomy which is where they cut it off completely...Perhaps check websites like NHS if you are in the UK to see the main differences and advantages between the typoes of surgeries.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.