Extra tummy weight

Posted , 7 users are following.

I guess that this is yet another peri symptom to add to my list ! I have always been slim size 8 to 10 . Even when I was full term in my pregnancy I only weighed 9 stone 3 , now I’m nearly a stone heavier then that 😡. I’m glad that I’ve put on weight from two years ago , as I had a breakdown following the death of my mum , I could bearly eat and weight went below 8 stone and I felt I looked anorexic . I am 5 feet 4 and have got bigger all over , but a lot round my hips , bottom and mainly stomach . I really want to shift it as it’s getting uncomfortable causing indigestion as my stomach feels so hard , if that makes sense . What I really need to know is if this all seems normal and how can I lose it ? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated X 

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I lost weight but only because I had modified my diet and cut out so much. I also looked anorexic after losing 30 pounds. I’m 5’8 and went down to 119 pounds. 

I put the weight back on and it pretty much goes right back to my stomach. 

I think it’s hereditary where your weight will lie. Some get it on the thighs, or butt, and even their boobs. I could’ve be so lucky. 

So I don’t know how you can control how to lose in certain spots. I get too skinny looking elsewhere so I just have to put up with looking 5 months pregnant. Oh the joy. 

• Posted

Hi Suzanne, 

I think that's me not eating alote just fish mash potatoes light I think that's why I lost weight also back in October I had really bad gerd inflammation so I kinda watch what I eat also after that I'm not as hungry any more I think it also has to do with perimenapause  and thyroid 

• Posted

Yes I drink kefir fermentaded probiotic once in a while I will have mild discomfort but it's been helping me I also take multi vitamin and vitamin d and maca,but my fatigue is bad I do have thyroid issues. 

Any suggestions 

• Posted

Hi have 

jabe when woman go thru Peri menopause or full menopause there's a huge estrogen level decreased , this is why the majority of woman have thin legs and a belly our lack of estrogen sits on our belly and boobs unfortunetly 

• Posted

Hi babe 

I'm not sure what 8 stone means  but I can say that size 8/10 is not a slim size especially if your 5"4  I think your weight now for your height is great 👍🏻 

I'm 5"8 and I'm a size 10 I gained slot of weight 

• Posted

Hi maria,

I heard that your boobs get saggy and they look kinda empty when you're in perimenapause 

• Posted

Hi Maria size 8 in the UK is a size 4 in the US and 8 stone (our UK weight system) is 112llbs. I used to be astounded that there were apparently size zero celebrities until I remembered that the states has a different size system! Hope that helps 😀

• Posted

Maria, the sizes in the UK are different than they are here in the US. I wear a size US 4, but I'd probably be a size 8 in the UK.

• Posted

Your post has pretty much described me. Used to be naturally slim and now have a lot of fat on my stomach, thighs and bottom (mainly on my stomach though). Exercising doesn’t seem to touch it (not that I do much to be honest - no energy). I try to eat foods with probiotics (homemade kefir and sauerkraut) to minimise bloating. I read once that from an holistic point of view there are three stages when the female body is under the most strain - adolescence, pregnancy and menopause. So, when I feel bad about myself, I remind myself that I’m laying down fat in order to get through this period. If it helps at all, my sister who used to be slim too, put on a load of weight around her middle when peri, and then lost most of it when she was post.
  • Posted

I've been dealing with this too. I am heavier now than I was at 9 month pregnant. UGH. Try everything all the time. It is so hard.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.