Extreme anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been suffering from severe anxiety that I have not felt the likes off since I had post natal depression nearly 16 years ago. I am convinced years of this worry has shortened my life span (I am 43). What makes it worse is I want to stay alive for my daughter who is 8. Her biological father has no contact and is abusive but I have read he could well get custody if I die. I can't sleep for worrying. Then I worry all this worry will cause my death and leave my daughter in a terrible position. I don't want to die until I know my daughter is a settled adult. I am in a terrible state. Please help, this anxiety is unbearable.

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

You will not die from anxiety as awful as it feels. I have pnd and anxiety at the moment and it's hell. Has anything trigged this back for you?
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I have had it after a month without mess and it remains despite being put on new ones. My daughters estranged father phoned school after an absence of 2 years and it triggered terrible worry which I mentioned above. He has not been in touch since but he has pr which is a worry and I want her to stay with her brother and step dad should anything happen to me. I can't sleep and am worn out with the worry. I feel like because I'm thinking about my premature death so much it's like a prediction and therefore it will come true. I know it sounds insane but that's what I think.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I am so sorry you are feeling like this and I know probably nothing anyone says will make you worry less... I understand the while thinking about death so I feel it's a prediction, I feel the same way.. I think about it constantly, daily and I too feel that it is some kind of omen and I convince myself I am going to die.. I am so tired of feeling like this.. I see a therapist next week and am hoping she can help me work through some of thsee life debilitating thoughts... I hope you find the peace you are searching for..
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hii, i have that fear of dying too. i think so much about it that my brain believes it sooo much! The feeling in my body are so strong that i believe it myself. I wake up in the morning that i am amazed that i am alive. I have a 3 year old son and just thinking about leaving him is sooo Devastating. I have good days and bad days. My morning are usually not so great but the afternoon it get better. I have reached a point where i no longer look forward to the future events because my mind tells me "how do i know im going to be alive" and then i get so scared. like right now i am super scared and ying and leaving my son And family. You are not alone on this. rolleyes
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up