Extreme anxiety about heart attacks

Posted , 4 users are following.

hey I've posted about this before but I'm still worried. I'm 16, 177cm and weigh 90kg. Over the past month I've noticed strange pains in my arms chest legs and back. They're sharp and go away usually within a minute sometimes more. I've been to the gp and I've had all the tests all of which came back fine, but these pains worry me a lot. Can anyone relate?

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jack: you seem awfully young to have cardiac issues but I am not an MD. Have they checked you for acid reflux (GERD or GER)?
  • Posted

Some people with it experience a burning or uncomfortable sensation in their chest caused by acid from the stomach coming back up the esophagus or tube that connects you stomach to your throat. Do you ever feel like there's something stuck in your throat? Do you get heartburn (not everyone with reflux has heartburn)? Do you cough at night when you lie down? Do you have a famiky history of heart disease or heart issues?
    • Posted

he questions, to answer the questions,yes yes yes no family history
  • Posted

Yes, these symptoms you are describing can happen if you are experiencing excessive worry, anxiety, self imposed demands, self induced pressure or mental or cognitive strain, people pleasing behaviors etc, that can cause the heart to constrict, cutting off blood and life supply to other extending body systems..it is episoduc and inconsistant, rather than chronic, and therefore can narrow the diagnosis down to an anxiety condition (either environmentally imposed or self imposed or both)
    • Posted

So, as an episodic or inconsistant symptoms, and absolutely no heart damage, and extremely void at age 16, this can be symptomatic not at all of a heart attack, but rather anxiety (self induced, environmentally induced, or both..trying to hard to meet perceived demands) which constricts the heart (blood vessels restrict) which then tentively effects other body systems you are describing. This goes away when your anxiety is reduced by you, and therefore is not related to any kind of heart faulure.
  • Posted

Yes, these symptoms you are describing can happen if you are experiencing excessive worry, anxiety, self imposed demands, self induced pressure or mental or cognitive strain, people pleasing behaviors etc, that can cause the heart to constrict, cutting off blood and life supply to other extending body systems..it is episoduc and inconsistant, rather than chronic, and therefore can narrow the diagnosis down to an anxiety condition (either environmentally imposed or self imposed or both)
    • Posted

Yes ;-) I hope that is helpful and anxiety reducing to know this much is true.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.