extreme anxiety. need help asap, please.

Posted , 4 users are following.

It's currently 12:50 a.m and I'm having horrible anxiety. I feel like I'm dreaming or like I'm going to die.

Someone, anyone, help? I'm terrified I am going to die. I can't sleep. My chest feels numb, what do I do???

I'm going to pick my medication up first thing in the morning because I desperately need it but until then, what do I do right now????

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Don't worry, anxiety cannot hurt you. It is just sensitised nerves and a tired mind. The symptoms will pass but if you are in bed then maybe get up and make a nice hot drink, watch some tv or do something to distract yourself that you enjoy . You are not alone with your feelings . They are horrible but will pass. I think nights are the worst because it is quieter and less to distract your mind.

Everything will be ok x

• Posted

Hi, HeyZeidy. It's morning now, so the worst is over for you. Sorry i didn't pick up your message last night. Did you get any sleep?
    • Posted

It's just 1:11 a.m in California so it's still night time over here. I've gotten maybe about an hour sleep so far.

I'm having bad anxiety. My left side of chest feels numb as well as my arm and guess what I think it is? A heart attack. Maybe it is... I've never felt my chest numb when I have bad anxiety. Just tightness. I'm also feeling short of breathe.

How would I know it's a heart attack?

• Posted

Anxiety has so many physical symptoms so you won't always feel the same. Just try distracting yourself then speak to docs in the morning. Have you had any CBT or other therapy?
    • Posted

I think I may be having a heart attack.

My chest has been hurting for awhile and I feel extremely short of breathe, usually the chest pain goes away after awhile but not this time.

• Posted

If you are that worried then for your own peace of mind go to the hospital and get checked out x
    • Posted

Hello, Lucy.

I no longer habe chest pain but I feel it's because the damage to my heart had been made.

I've been to the hospital so many times they basically told me they were annoyed and didn't want me to go back because nothing is ever wrong and it's just anxiety.

• Posted

Our minds work overtime with anxiety, it's a terrible thing. It's easy to say but you have to keep reminding yourself it cannot hurt you, try to keep your mind busy with other tasks and maybe speak to your doc about getting some extra help such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, it helped me x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.