EXTREME ANXIETY PLEASE HELP :(

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been suffering with every kind of anxiety I gag at least once every hour feel nauseous all the time can't stop shaking and crying had a doctor out yesterday because of the gagging but they couldn't find anything wrong made my throat sore now please help me find a solution been a week

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

This is horrible I don't know what I can do
  • Posted

By the sounds of it you need to de-stress and calm down, go and see your own gp and get some meds to turn your brain off for a bit maybe, I have diazepam for as and when needed, maybe try something like that, it sounds like you've worked yourself up and your anxiety is off big time, you really should try and calm yourself and get some rest .
  • Posted

Get ur thyroid gland checked simple bloods by your gp let me no how you get on.
  • Posted

I have just been through exactly the same thing. I haven't managed to hold any food down since Friday due to extreme anxiety.  I was put onto Sertraline which is a long term med which takes a while to kick in and Propranolol in the short term.  Unfortunately both made me even more sick to the point where I actually thought it would be easier to die! Today, the doctor has swapped the Propranolol for an anti sickness drug called Prochlorperazine and I feel immediately less sick and able to cope.

i would definitely recommend meds which is something I thought I would never say! 

I am also going for blood tests next week and to see a councillor for the first time tomorrow.

The gagging is a definite symptom of anxiety...I couldn't stop and led me to being sick a lot. I couldn't sleep, my heart was racing and all sorts of horrible thoughts going through my mind.

Please go back to the docs and don't get fobbed off...tell them exactly what is going on. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.