Extreme Fatigue When Exercising

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm male 26. I'm a boxer training 4 times a week and i've done so for many years. I'm in very good physical condition but around 8-10 months ago I started noticing I was getting tired and lacking energy during training.  This has got dramatically worse to the point that 2 minutes into my first round of pad work my muscles instantly fatigue and I have to stop. 20 seconds of rest and im back to normal, but it happens again and again. Its become so bad that I have to go down on one knee to recover and sometimes I feel dizzy. I can normally do 12 three minute rounds on pads with ease. I feel completely fine other than this. I've been to my GP but I dont think she knows whats wrong with me. Can anyone tell me whats wrong?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi.... It could be one of many different things. .. best to make an appointment with your GP. . get bloods etc done. ... no one will be able to diagnose without some sort of investigation first..

take care. Mary

• Posted

Hi, Iv seen my gp and had blood tests about a month ago. At the time I had the flu. My GP said that the results showed I had a virus, but I think that was more to do with my flu than anything else. my fatigue has been much more long term. My gp just said that i was over the virus now and to wait a month or so. Im over my flu now and feel great, but as soon as I train again the fatigue is only getting worse.
    • Posted

Do you have private health Insurance. .. either of your own or through employer ?... It does sound as if it needs further investigation. ... were you like this before the flu?.
    • Posted

No I dont have private health care and I'm my own boss, but I'm willing to try anything if someone can give me an answer and help me. Yes I was like it before I had the flu, its been gradually getting worse for about 10 months, I only had the flu for about to weeks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.