Extreme health anxiety... Need support

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi hi I've been having some really bad anxiety couple of weeks ago I found out that I have a lipoma and my brain that has been causing me headaches for the past year along with a couple of other symptoms. I also have AFib and have been using alcohol to cope with my health anxiety which in turn has always made it worse especially because I suffer from physical symptoms of anxiety. I am trying to get my life an order and the first step to that was to quit drinking and in and in turnI have no other way to cope with my anxiety and the physical symptoms that I feel which are racing heart, chest pain, headache, body aches, just the overall feeling like I'm going to die from something. just really need somebody to talk to you about these feelings. I also get stroke-like symptoms that scare me all the time. I used to run to the ER almost every week for a long time but I haven't gone in three whole months which is amazing to me and a big step

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I can commiserate with the drinking to quell health (or any type) of anxiety. I look forward to it all day.

Not a whole bunch - just one vodka on the rocks will do it . Let the little evil man in my brain who hates me to sfu for a few hours.

Probably not a good idea with your afib though....can you do medical marijuana edibles? Ask your doctor. Or an anti anxiety medication - maybe that would help you.

My brother had a lipoma on his lung. Just a fatty deposit.

We were relieved that it wasn't a malignant tumor.

Good luck to you.

• Posted

Hi Christina.

First of all, well done for quitting drinking and for managing not to go to the ER for 3 months. with everything you've gone through, i want to take a few moments to step back and acknowledge those achievements. This is really good progress for you. Just think how far this as shown you've come in several months.

The symptoms will be more manageable in time as you learn how to apply new coping techniques ans get more information from your dr's about your diagnosed conditions.

A couple you could try to replace your previous coping technique. Writing. Every time you feel the sensation that once led you to drink, write your feelings instead. Note down your symptoms, rate them to severity/concern and set about what actions you could take to alleviate them. As you keep doing this, look back and note how your rating scale compares to previously listed same symptoms.

Colouring - there are so many adult colour books now and doing these helps centre and focus your mind on one clear task.

Walking - when you find it hard to settle or adjust your thoughts, take your dog for a walk. Really take the time to note what you are seeing, hearing or smelling as you walk.

Aim to try just one of these a week and see how you feel. x

• Posted

everything you said is exactly what im going thru now!! i get sharp pains in my head and always feel like im going to have a stroke or heart attack... pain all over my body especially under left ribs and its make my stomache upset... i get bad depression bevusse i think the worst... i cant even breath sometimes and my heart pounds for the littlest things... i cant even go exercise right now cause my heart pounds so bad and i cant catch up to it with breathing... its so scary and i know you feel... tomrw i see a new dr and im hoping he understands my frustration cause most drs just wanna give you drugs and i dont wanna cover it up i wanna be cured... you are not alone and i get crazy symptoms... pins and needle feeling now and it scares me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.