Extreme heart anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have suffered severe heart anxiety for a couple years now. It started in mid 2014 when I incorrectly breathed while weightlifting, resulting in frequent skipped beats sensation. I had a echocardiogram, stress test of 12 minutes, holter monitor and resting ECG. All came bk normal with just a few PVCs.

I'm so scared of hcm or left ventricle hypertrophy. I have no reason too. Nobody in the family seems to have died unexpectedly or related to exercise. I am just worried about it even after the tests due to a couple of things.

1; I sometimes have lightheadedness after weightlifting.

2; I always have some kind of panick attack or rapid h r with bad thoughts during exercise.

3; fabrice muamba had an echo..4 times. And an ecg.

Yet it still happened to him.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Your not alone. My anxiety is mostly heart related. Just last night I went out on Xmas party and today my heart is racing and skipping beats. It's a horrible feeling but I find reading posts helps a lot. Just knowing other people have the same reasures the mind
    • Posted

I was told i have high blood pressure and all i do is think the worst and now suffering anxiety and panic attacks and cant stop the pain in my chest and neck ekg normal stress test normal all xrays noramal no meds for anxiety cause where i live they say its a bandaide and only meds for heart pressure its crazy these pains are real i hurt all day long i rather not even get out of bed lord hear my prayers
    • Posted

My way of dealing with it is relax on the bed in the dark listening through my earphones to soothing audio doctors on anxiety. It has really helped me realise that I'm not actually ill it's just my mind making me think I am. Try it you might be surprised. X

Chris

• Posted

Hi

I have the same thing as you, I was diagnosed with very high bloodpressure and walk around thinking I am going to have a heart attack! Every ache and pain is worrying and it hurts, I worry all the time! Every time I get headache or feel dizzy I think it's my bloodpressure! I try very hard to stop worrying and do yoga and meditation which has helped alot, good luck

• Posted

Ty sometimes im good all day but that neck pain becomes bad headaches and when u become dizzy sit down two feet on the ground and breath in through ur nose out ur mouth but it sucks
  • Posted

Sorry Igrass,

I know nothing about heart but stay away from exercise and see if it stops.

Good luck

Win x

• Posted

thank you winnie.

​i believe it would stop but the tricky part is why it would stop.

​maybe due to the lower levels of fear that my exercise creates

​or maybe due to a pathological heart disorder that is worsened by exercise

• Posted

Not stop totally see how you feel when you leave it off to how you feel now !!

That is all I was saying

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.