Extreme insomnia from seroxat withdrawal

Posted , 2 users are following.

Has anyone else experienced extreme insomnia from seroxat withdrawal? Can't stay asleep longer than 1½ hrs unless I take zopiclone, and then only get 4-5hrs. Also get extreme sweating and anxiety. I'm now physically and mentally exhausted. I am about to go back on the drug as a last resort. I'd really appreciate any thoughts/experiences. Thanks.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Catali,

I am also trying to taper from Paxil and it is a long difficult process.  I learned the hard way that withdrawal symptoms are common when coming off these drugs too quickly.  There is helpful information out there to get off the drugs safely.  Try searching surviving antidepressants online and you will find some good info.  You may want to reinstate a small amount and then do a slow taper from there.  Hope this helps!

• Posted

Thanks. This has been a real scare. Going to try back to 10mg, half my old dose, from tomorrow. If it's withdrawal causing the insomnia etc it should make a difference quite quick I think. I'm going to get so scared at each dose reduction though. I reckon you don't see the effect for several weeks. I'm 58 so think my body reacts even slower these days. Wish I felt more confident at surviving depression drug free though. I can't go though this every time I want to try a different AD!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.