Extreme muscle pain after one month post operative.

Posted , 6 users are following.

one morning as i was getting up, a month after left hip surgury, i heard a pop in my leg which caused extreme muscle pain which i never felt before. it was after this i could not move my leg outwardly or stretch my muscle due to horrible charlie HORSE feeling . After surgery i did find out that the implant was 3 mm longer than my old (2007) right hip replacement which i was NOT very happy about, because i walk around with flip flops and bare feet, now, i waddle and put pads in my shoes. im sooo disappointed. now with this new development, i dont know what to do or what it is. please let me know what is happening and can i be normal again?

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi rosemary go to your doctor and ask to be referred back to surgeon it sounds like it might have popped out or slipped a bit x

• Posted

took your advice and was lucky to get an appt. today. on my way now to see what happened. just cant live like this! HOPEFULLY, they can fix my long 3 mm . surely dont want back problems in the future. ALREADY HAD L2 L3 S1 fused.AM I FALLING APART? HAHAHAHAA

• Posted

i agree, I would def reach out to your surgeon to get this issue resolved. you shouldn't be suffering or in pain now! good luck.

• Posted

thank you , taking the great advice! ON MY WAY TO keck now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.