Extreme nausea following gall bladder removal

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

I had my GB removed on 9th June. I also had gastroscopy and x ray at same time and everything reported clear. Had previously had ultrasound and CT scan during diagnosis problem. Operation had no complications so why do I feel so sick all the time.? Does anyone know if this is a normal response.? Doesn't seem to matter what I eat or drink it is the same and is rally getting me down. Can't sleep much either. Any suggestions very welcome. :o(

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I had the same thing, my Doctor prescribed PMS-Metoclopramide 10mg. It helps with the nausea.

Try eating popsicles too, they work wonders for me.

• Posted

Hi

thsnks for the swift response, hate to sound so thick but what are Popsicles?

Thnx

• Posted

From what I hear, it takes a good 6 weeks to even start to feel better. But then again, still waiting for my surgery so let you know how I feel after.

feel better soon Lizzy

Gail

• Posted

Hasn't heard it would take that long before. I could do without that! Have 18 kids due on 6th July for a month and have to be on my feet and running by then :o) 

my husband had his GBout almost a year ago the state I had mine fone, he was told don't drive for 2 weeks and no lifting for or 4 weeks, I was told, you can drive after 3 days(if u feel able) and no lifting restrictions! How things change in a very short time. I was only told recovery could be 6-8weeks IF he couldn't do keyhole and it sent to full open surgery

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.