Extreme tiredness but periods fine?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi.

I'm in my mid 40's and both mum and older sister hit meno early.

For the last few months I've been really tired and I assumed I was a bit run down. Over the last few weeks though, it's got worse. I'm exhausted all the time, it can take a while to get to sleep at night which doesn't help and I could sleep all day. I'm struggling to get up in the morning and this last 2 weeks I've slept through my alarm 3 times!

Even if I have a lie in my head feels kind of stuffy and I have no energy. I've also had a headache (a dull stiff achy one) every day. I've also been really hot, especially my head, which isn't like me.

My periods are fine but my mum said it could be peri. Could it be?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there sleepy head. I am 52 and have started missing periods 2, 3, 4 months at a time. So, definately in perimeno. I would say my sleep issues and no energy started at age 42. I have found taking a good B complex vitamin with breakfast has drastically helped my energy levels even with no sleep!!! Try that. And make sure your are drinking the right amount of water. I sleep okay here and there. I tried melatonin, magnesium and stuff called Calm from the health food store for sleep and that had not worked for me. Might work for you. Tranquil Sleep (chewables) from the healthfood store work sometimes. Hope you find this helpful ☯️
  • Posted

Hi I hit peri early 40's. Just when you think you have a symptom figured out it goes away and a new one comes along. I had the tiredness. Started bike riding. ( Even though it was the last thing i wanted to do) along with vitamins helped give me back energy. May want to goto Dr. to rule out anything but sounds like peri

• Posted

Thanks for all the replies!

Is there any way of knowing if it's peri, like a blood test, or is it just guesswork?!

Oh and LisaAnn i bought b vits today!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.