Extremely scared!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

So these past 4 months I have been extremely nauseous. I can barely eat or drink. And I lost 15 pounds in about 2 months. My parents won’t take me to the doctor because they say I go to much. Whenever I ask I get in trouble. What should I do? I really need to see a doctor. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi maura, do you mind me asking how old you are? If you are really scared then your parents should take you even if it's for peace of mind. If your over 18 then you don't need their permission. Do you suffer with bad anxiety? The reason I ask is I suffer with very bad health anxiety and am always at doctors I constantly Google all aches and pains and over the years I have had every cancer going, alzeimers and mnd. I scare myself to death and overthink every little illness into big terminal illnesses. Last year I suddenly dropped 20lb in weight in a very short space of time, everyone was commenting about it and how fast I had lost it. It literally just fell off me. The only thing that was happening in my life was this worrying and overthinking, I too felt nauseated and went right off my food, the more I worried about it the worse it got and my weight loss plummeted to 26lb, I was worried sick I had cancer but the more I thought about it the worse I felt and the more weight I lost. It is a vicious circle and if you are worrying and stressed then it can make you feel sick and in turn you will lose weight. Try not to worry, I know that's easier said than done believe me I know, but I really don't think you have anything to worry about. Obviously I'm not a doctor so if seeing 1 will make you feel better than you should go, regardless of what your parents say. Best of luck with everything, I hope you start to feel better soon xxx

• Posted

Are you being sick or gagging ? Or just feel nauseous? Are you on any medication? Are you always anxious ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.