Eye still red from corneal abrasion after 2 days

Posted , 2 users are following.

A price tag attacked me Friday night while trying on a shirt and went right in my eye. The pain was evident and I knew I probably scratched my eye. Went to the ER and got some eye gel and he confirmed a small scratch on my eye. The next day the pain wasn't much better but yesterday the pain was gone and all I had was sensitivity to light and some tearing along with a super red eye. But today (day 3)

my eye is still red! Sensitivity to light seems to be gone, and the blurriness has cleared up a lot (not completely). I am just wondering how long until the redness should go away?? Thanks!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

If you google this it says 3 - 4 days for a simple abrasion.  sounds like you going in right direction. Mine took about 8 days though.. Is the gel antibiotic or steroid
    • Posted

It is an antibiotic gel but that's a relief! I'm a college student and a computer science major so looking at the computer is kind of unavoidable but it's hard when everything is a little fuzzy haha. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.