Eye vision

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been on Prozac for about 5 months and my anxiety has been good. I haven't really had any side effect issues other than my eyes bugging me. Anyone else had the side effect of blurred vision and or weird vision. My eyes feel weak.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Bianca,

Before you start at attribute your visual problems to Prozac, I suggest you get your vision check to rule out any refractive error. Having done that, it would be easier to move on to the next best course of action.

When I was on Prozac some time back (3 years ago), I did experience some amount of blurring of vision (I did have some amount of astigmatism to begin with and Prozac did make it a little worse). Nowadays, when I get really anxious (and I am not on meds), the visual symptoms seem to be the most debilitating ones. I experience dizziness from visual distortion.

However, when I calm down with proper rest or meditation, it does go away but it takes time (maybe about 2 days or so). I think the body needs to wash away all those flight or fright hormones and roughly takes a week.

• Posted

I'm on my 4th week at 10 mg and am also experiencing some sort of minor change in my vision. Almost like my eyes are dry and ever so slightly blurry sometimes during the day. A little sensitivity to light. I have never had vision problems it must be the medicine. My other symptoms are very minor headaches but I get them everyday since starting the medication and still getting nausea everyday.Im going to tough it out until 8 weeks and see if they go away. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.