Eyes

Posted , 7 users are following.

Can anyone tell me how they cope with bulging eyes, thought I was over this stage now my other eye is playing up, my face swells off an on all day I don't even recognise myself in mirror, some days I feel like I am going mad, my results are more in the hypo range now and I think that has worsened the eye problems, I am coming up to 2 years with this hateful graves diease , I take selenium, fish oil and carniture all to no avail. Any suggestions for help with eyes would be very appreciated

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I was diagnosed with Graves Disease at U of L in Louisville Ky was told if I didn't have my thyroid radiated I would have a HEART attack or go blind so I did and have not felt good one day since. I later did some research and found out there are othere options of course this depends on how bad yours is. Yes I got blugeing eyes and gained weight and that was in 2006 Just recently have i been able to lose this weight. I have haqir lose muscle weakness, weawk bones low blood sugare i could go on and on. Please do your research before you do somethiing that cannot be undone. Tired In Kentucky
    • Posted

as haveing the same problem when I was first told I had Graves Disease and after they radiated my thyroid the bulge went down but now I have perment bags under my eyes and only plastic surgery with get rid of them and I cannot afford that. The eye problem messed up my eye sight so I wear glasses which covers up the bags alot. There are different treatments so do some research and go to an endocrinologist. I hope your outcome is better than mine has been

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.