Eyes

Posted , 9 users are following.

For a year and a half now , I have been dealing with the peri menopause problem. I've had too many symptoms to name. But one I would like to address is eyes...have any of you had lots of allergy problems with your eyes ... itchy, feel like something's in them, etc. how about you feel as though the eyelashes on outer part of one eye sticks together . Or pressure between your eyes that causes your eyes to feel different . Or that some days you can see better than other days and lastly you see little tiny black dots ... like maybe one or two maybe more . My doctor told me those symptoms are all part of this crazy mess .

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Renee, i'v had eye problems too with Peri. My vision gets so blurry I can't read then it'll be ok again. They're extremely sensitive to light and if I look at my phone first thing in the morning it causes pain in my eyes. Also have like a white fog mostly in my peripheral vision a lot of the time. Eye problems seem to be yet another bizzar Peri problem..

• Posted

Hi Renee

I have so many weird symptoms and one of them is a funny feeling in my eyes . It is even hard to explain . In addition that it is itchy I have a feeling that they dry and then a pressure feeling in between my eyes . Also see this black dots like I see inside my eye . I went to the ophthalmologist and probably she thought that I am crazy . She checked on everything and all came back normal . I feel your pain . Like I said it is really hard to explain .

• Posted

I've had problems with Malbanium cysts. Hope I've spelt that ok.

I have had a lump form in my lower lid, had one cut out last year but the doc says it is considered 'cosmetic' problem now, so I can't have this one removed! NHS has run out of money for minor ops!   I have a theory that because of the hot flushes, I get more sweaty and so that is what blocks the duct in my eye - just my own theory, but I wish it wouldn't !!!  Anyone got any home remedys to help.  I've tried hot compress and coconut oil already . . .  

• Posted

Sea Buckthorn Oil, Omega 7, is said to help with dry eyes. This could be causing the itchiness. A bonus is it can help with dry vagina, another perimeno symptom. Maybe worth reading up on it. 
  • Posted

Hi Renee. while going thru the menopause i had eye problems itchy sore red watery & sometimes painful. I had many trips to the eye hosp & was given steroid eye drops, this only ocurred through menopause. Hope this helps?

• Posted

Hi yes i have all the same issues.. cant focus my eyes... sore itchy.. often wake up with stikcy eye too. The orbits also feel sore and strained from time to time. The black dots you refer to are called floaters .. and yes you are seeing cells suspended in the jelly in your eye. More noticeball when reading a book or looking at something light in colour. They are normal and most people have them but for some reason they seem to surface around menpause more. My eyesight too varys from day to day.  The joy that is menopause.. the gift that just keeps on giving and giving sad
  • Posted

Yes had eye issues! Dry watery, blurry eyes with zig zag eye migraines! Went away only to return two years into menopause! Xx
  • Posted

Hi Renee! Black dots, dry through the night. Sandy during a day. It seems a bit better because it's not too hot now in England. That's the first time I have reacted to the warm weather. I am 43.

Blessings

• Posted

Dear renee

I have had many eye problems in peri/meno dry watery itchy eyes, migraine auras. I have had the black dots some time ago, I think they call them floaters dont they? Im feeling alot of eye pressure again at the moment with allergies which come and go, plus intolerence to bright lights and blurry vision x

• Posted

Dear renee

I have had many eye problems in peri/meno dry watery itchy eyes, migraine auras. I have had the black dots some time ago, I think they call them floaters dont they? Im feeling alot of eye pressure again at the moment with allergies which come and go, plus intolerence to bright lights and blurry vision x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.