Eyes twitching, Need feedback

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello Forum members, i have had Anxiety for roughly 15 years, i have been on and off medication for a while, in June of 2016 i decided to give Cymbalta a try, well after 13 months i decided it was time to quit, of course i read horror stories about Cymbalta withdrawals but didnt want that stuff in my system any longer. So i went cold turkey as of July this year...After 4 weeks i decided it was too much and decided to cross taper with a low dose of Setraline 25mg..So for the last 3 weeks i have been on that but im experincing eye twitching for the majority of the day, Is this due to the Cymbalta whithdrawal or is it the ned med in my system and will it subside? Thanks for reading my post, im a 40 year old male. Good Luck to all who are struggling.....

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Ive been experiencing a lot of facial twitching spasms most of this summer.

I do have anxiety no meds currently

Have been told that anxiety can cause eye twitching facial twitching. So Ive chalked it up to that even though for some reason I think its weather related always seems like when its really humid out thats when my face starts up with the twitching mess. >.< hope you find some relief friend.

• Posted

Hi Roger,

Yes, your going cold turkey of the Cymbalta and then starting sertraline 25mg four weeks later is causing this.

always taper off one med with your doctor's advice - then you won't have all these problems.

Love Tess xx

• Posted

Thank you tess, hopefully it will subside. Appreciate your comments

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.